We have published numerous blog posts on managing scientific labs, writing papers, and strategizing a graduate career. Articles presenting our advice on these subjects have become the top-viewed posts on our website. Moving forward, we will be organizing the ZarLab website to feature this content. We believe that the practices and strategies described in these posts have greatly improved our productivity and advanced our careers.
Here we present a summary of the posts that provide advice to scientists and writing tips.
- Writing Tips: An Authorship Policy that Maximizes Collaboration
- Writing Tips: Why we Publish Methods Papers
- Writing Tips: Results Subsections
- Writing Tips: Methods Overview
- Writing Tips: Introduction
- Writing Tips: How we Edit
- Writing Tips: Getting Organized (and Staying that Way)
- Writing Tips: Motivation (or the Lack of It)
- Writing Tips: Overcoming Writer’s Block
Strategizing a Graduate Career